I have Library Thing on my blog. I love it and we used it for a time on our work blog so staff members could put up their latest reads for the rest of us to share. The tags are a quick way of suggesting content without an actual blurb or review.
It could be used in the same way on a library website for customers to use. Once again by using tags it is a wonderful way to find 'read alikes' It's a fun cataloguing tool for your home library but I use it to keep track of what I've read and to look at all those book covers (I prefer the covers view) and enjoy the books all over again.
I didn't know Library Thing had a group forum for library staff and I'll be following that up when I have some time. I've had a quick look at Shelfari (cute name) and it looks good but I think I'll stick with Library Thing.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment