At last, only a couple of months late I finally am sitting down to continue with this course and after several days of concerted effort, actually complete it! There is no time available at work and at night, at home there's lots of thing I need to do or I'm just feeling lazy. So almost nothing has been done on Part 2 to date! Now it's happening.
The one thing I did do was the google docs 'Discover' task. However I'm yet to comment on the rest of the applications we learned about this time. I like Slideshare. I found one about Twitter produced by the library at Swinburne Uni and I've embedded it in our work blog . It's a Twitter basics powerpoint and it has just the right info for our workplace, namely just why we should bother using Twitter at all.. I can see big advantages in slideshare just due to its being available everywhere there's internet, just like google.docs. Great for taking info literacy skills to the classrooms from our public libraries.
I wish I'd known about the file converter several months back when I had a customer who needed it and we only knew of rather more 'serious' converters which only our systems guys could download. This will be bookmarked by me from now on.
I had joined a SLQ tutorial using Saba Centra and as a participant found it great to use and very simple. I joined Dimdim just to see what it was like and it seems to have any number of uses for collaboration among library teams and branches.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment