Sunday, April 12, 2009

Flickr's Fun!

I haven't ever used an online photo sharing application, the closest I've come is sharing a few photos on Facebook. So finding out all about Flickr has been both interesting and fun.  I have joined the site as I may end up using it for lots of photos I took on overseas travel recently. At the moment they are just sitting on my hard drive and I haven't done anything about getting them out anywhere! 

However stored images don't have to be personal photos but can be digital images of anything really. I think it would be a useful site within a library service to store images of  props for storytelling themes. Images could be uploaded to Flickr and given appropriate tags  such as circus, farm animals etc.  Relevant staff  at all the branches could then search for available storytelling props on Flickr while at their own branches and see images of something they could use (which is kept in a central storage area shared by everyone).  It would make selection and ordering of these materials so much easier.


No comments: