Sunday, March 29, 2009

Technorati, our entry to the Blogosphere!

I’ve just been having a browse round Technorati, a link to the millions of blogs in the blogosphere , the enormity of which is overwhelming. There is so much out there and I only have enough time to see a tiny tiny fraction now of all that’s available at this moment. Let’s not even talk about what else is going to be out there tomorrow or even in an hour’s time. It’s unbelievable and exciting all at once.

 Technorati assists internet users in searching for blogs containing whatever our current information requirements may be… to quote the site ..”blogs can be political commentary,  product reviews, scientific endeavours, and any area of information where people have a deep expertise and a desire to express it.”  A blog search is another way we can use the internet to guide us to the right place to find information, very useful for librarians!

Here are a  couple of blogs I discovered using Technorati, 1 is a blog done by a US librarian in a similar exercise as this.

Library Mamarama 

http://librarymamarama.blogspot.com/

Maura the Reference Librarian

http://maurathelibrarian.blogspot.com/

No comments: